Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This started on the journey home last night in my 1.9 jtd multijet, but as it was wet and there was a lot of water splashing around i didnt really notice.

Power seems ok, perhaps not quite as punchy as it would normally be.
But once i get over 2k revs i am getting quite a lot of wind noise that increases as the revs rise, almost like the fan has come on full (though it hasnt).
I shut down the vents, turned the vents off and fans off, but it still does it, get to 2k and as the revs climb the more noise i hear, minute i back off the noise drops to nothing below 2k.

Am thinking either a boost hose of some sort orthe turbo, but as i am as mechanically minded as a piece of toast im open to suggestions :)

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
ummmm for u to hear a split hose it would have to be the top one......they normaly go on the underside where its goes over the battery.
if its a hose get someone to rev it while ur under the bonnet to find where it is

Gary

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
limped it home to my local garage this afternoon, boost getting progressively worse and wind rushing noises getting progressively louder and could be heard outside of the car, so its got a fair bit worse from when i first heard it.

dropped it off at the garage, hoping for an update tomorrow

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
lower hose was split, started small then got progessively worse, new one on order form veloces who were the only people i could find open on a saturday morning to get it there for tuesday am.

Local Alfa stealer wanted £89 + vat for standard replacement, got a sillicone one for £55 + del

1 - 7 of 7 Posts