Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I log in I initially get the welcome page but then when it returns to the page I had opened (the Giulietta Lounge) it reverts to a non logged in view. If I click randomly on a thread then that thread opens as a logged in page but on returning to the index page it shows as non logged in. However if I change to another forum everything works as it should and when I return to the original page it now shows as a logged in page. Not a major problem but it is frustrating having to go all round the houses to clear the problem.

Does this happen to anyone else?

I am using windows10 and Microsoft Edge as the browser and once logged in the Full light view is set as the default.

·
Administrator
87,194 Posts

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are supposed to clear everytime the browser is closed. However I have just cleared them to make sure and the problem still occurs. It seems only to be the index page for the Giulietta lounge.

·
Administrator
2,366 Posts
When I log in I initially get the welcome page but then when it returns to the page I had opened (the Giulietta Lounge) it reverts to a non logged in view. If I click randomly on a thread then that thread opens as a logged in page but on returning to the index page it shows as non logged in. However if I change to another forum everything works as it should and when I return to the original page it now shows as a logged in page. Not a major problem but it is frustrating having to go all round the houses to clear the problem.

Does this happen to anyone else?

I am using windows10 and Microsoft Edge as the browser and once logged in the Full light view is set as the default.
Is this still happening and if so what links are you using when the log in error happens?

Jeff M

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am using Microsoft Edge as the browser and have the Giulietta Lounge marked as a favourite. When I click on the favourite it opens the Giulietta Lounge as an unregistered viewer. I clear the two notices about the use of cookies etc and then I fill in my user name and password. Initially it shows the welcome to "user name"page with the message about what to do if your browser does not automatically redirect and then reopens the Giulietta Lounge but as the unregistered view. If I try to log in again the whole process repeats but the welcome page comes up in the full light style which I have set as my preference so clearly it knows I have already logged in. However the view of the Giulietta page is in the full dark style which is the forum default. Any thread I subsequently click on comes up in full light and with unread threads showing as it does for a logged on user. Return to the Giulietta lounge reverts to an unlogged on view until after viewing a number of threads it starts working as it should.

I hope this screed helps

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Back to the problem and it is still happening. The system clearly knows I am logged in but when returning to the Giulietta page it reverts to the unlogged in state so that I cannot see which threads have unread posts.

Edit. On returning from this thread the Giulietta page is performing as it should.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Niall,

It has happened again this morning. I then navigated straight to this thread without problem. Having posted this I will try returning to the Giulietta lounge.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
To follow on. I used the forums drop down tab to navigate to the Technical and assistance page. No problem. I clicked on the Giullietta page and it opened as if I was not logged in. I navigated back to this thread and I am logged in.

Edit. 2nd time of navigating back to the Giulietta page everything works as it should. It seems as if that particular page is not initially picking up the log in information

·
Administrator
2,366 Posts
To follow on. I used the forums drop down tab to navigate to the Technical and assistance page. No problem. I clicked on the Giullietta page and it opened as if I was not logged in. I navigated back to this thread and I am logged in.

Edit. 2nd time of navigating back to the Giulietta page everything works as it should. It seems as if that particular page is not initially picking up the log in information
When your first attempt on logging in, did you click the remember me button?

Ed

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Heya all,

Looks like an issue with caching and the new Cloudflare rollout, standby for a fix.

Jeff M
It is still happening so I assume the fix hasn't arrived yet. The problem seems to clear after a few minutes rather than the number of times I reload the page. Clearly all the other pages recognise I am logged in so why not the Giulietta Lounge?

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Yes that is the page. Initially I had the problem but when I clicked on the link it is working ok. I will remember to try refreshing mext time it happens and let you know the result.

Edit. I have been logged out for an hour. On logging back in the same old problem occurred. I refreshed the page and it came correct.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.