Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my MiTo for over a week now and I am confused by two things so far.

The seatbelt notification lights. If im in the car on my own, the passenger side shows as green, the two rear seats show as red and the drivers seat (which I am sitting in) shows as green. Thinking that the sensor might be faulty on the passenger side? or is it only supposed to go red when someone is sitting in it but who hasn't put their belt on, but that would then mean that my two rear seats are faulty as they are always red???

I had to put the back seat down the other day to and the left hand side of the whole seat just popped out when I pushed the seat forward, its got like springs on each side where it pivots to allow you to push the seat forward and backwards and it kept on popping out and it was a sod to get back in.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
The seat belt lights are working fine. Crazy I know but nothing to worry about there.
As far as the back seat is concerned they are a bit stiff and you have to slam it hard to get it to lock (orange tabs). Although I seem to remember one person on here who had a problem with the catches that the dealer had to fix.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the clarification on the seatbelts, seems a very odd system though.

Not too sure with the whole back seat thing though, makes me think its meant to be like that, because if you pop the pivots on each side after you release and push the whole seat forward, this would allow you to remove the whole back seat from the car, which is good, but damn is it hard to get back in.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah, the back seat ones always seem to show red if there's nobody sat in them, unless you just plug the rear belts into the clip of course - I don't think the rears have sensors in like the front so it doesn't know if anybody is sat in them or not?

M

·
0 Posts
Cheers for the clarification on the seatbelts, seems a very odd system though.

Not too sure with the whole back seat thing though, makes me think its meant to be like that, because if you pop the pivots on each side after you release and push the whole seat forward, this would allow you to remove the whole back seat from the car, which is good, but damn is it hard to get back in.
Seatbelt lights - Front seats show green to indicate they are the front seats, rear seats show red to indicate they are the back seats. rear seats will only go green if theres someone sat in them with their seat belts on, and the front seats will only go red if theres someone sat in them without their seat belt on. Simple really.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts