Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I recently bought a 2014 1.4MA Sportiva Nav TCT. Loving it, looks great, drives great, but have a few strange electrical "features" that I would love to get to the bottom of and would appreciate if anyone could share their experience of similar issues. I couldn't find any posts describing the issues I have, so maybe I'm the first ?, surely not ?

Anyway, here is what is going on,

On turning on the ignition a ticking noise can be heard coming from each of the wing mirrors, if I turn off the ignition the ticking noise remains until a door is opened, if the ignition is kept on the ticking noise returns when the door is again closed.

The disable button for the rear electric windows doesn't work (rear windows always enabled) but if I hold this button while operating a rear window using the rear controls the window hesitates when opening/closing at the same rate as the ticking noise, also the light on the disable button blinks at the same rate as the ticking noise.

Adjusting the mirror positions or turning on the rear demister stops the ticking noise for about 5 seconds, then it starts again.

The fold mirrors button doesn't do anything, the mirrors have never folded

I can't help but think all these issues are related.

Also, when the rear demister is turned on the "right front door open" warning message is displayed.

I am thinking maybe a bad earth connection or crosswiring somewhere ?

Thanks for reading and I would appreciate hearing if anyone has experience of or solutions to similar issues.

Thanks,
Mossie.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
First thing I would check is the looms in tailgate sounds like you have some damaged wiring that’s shorting out/cross feeding to me.
Common G fault with the wiring breaking and you can get repair kits for it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First thing I would check is the looms in tailgate sounds like you have some damaged wiring that’s shorting out/cross feeding to me.
Common G fault with the wiring breaking and you can get repair kits for it.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Based on what you wrote, I’m gonna hazard that someone spilled rainwater / coffee / monster on the buttons on the driver door.

Doesn’t explain the indicator noise, though.

Have the door mirrors been changed at some point?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Based on what you wrote, I’m gonna hazard that someone spilled rainwater / coffee / monster on the buttons on the driver door.

Doesn’t explain the indicator noise, though.

Have the door mirrors been changed at some point?
Interesting thought, something else to check. I don't know if the mirrors have been replaced.
I have lots of places to start checking out.
Thanks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts