Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

was fitting the new head unit to my 156 sportwagon today and either something has come off or it was a spare connection can anyone ID this cable for me please.. I did try to search but as i wasnt sure what to search for it was a bit...errm tricky...:confused:

Any help would be great it was lurking behind the stereo opening and is bound to the normal aerial.

so any clues would be great...

Attachments

·
Registered
930 Posts
Hi Guys

was fitting the new head unit to my 156 sportwagon today and either something has come off or it was a spare connection can anyone ID this cable for me please.. I did try to search but as i wasnt sure what to search for it was a bit...errm tricky...:confused:

Any help would be great it was lurking behind the stereo opening and is bound to the normal aerial.

This is a totally random guess.. but Mobile phone / connect connector? probably best not listen to me though...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure anyone else got any ideas as to what it could be i was thinking a gps unit Aerial or soemthing but not sure if that was an option back when this was made

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool thank you Hazz37was worried we had pulled something out wrong, I have just swapped out my head unit and have the bose system but my old head unit has no connector like that.

new head unit is in and working great was just worried it might have been something important.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi Guys

I have exactly the same and am told it is a GSM connection. Check out the
"weird 156 radio signal issue" thread on here.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
On the back of the unit there is also a connection for IMEI which is no doubt for the phone. I bought one off ebay and phone sim works well with a strong signal, I did have to get a new antenna from Alfa.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts