Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

Today coming back from work in my QV I have experienced something like never before. I was driving 110 in N In highway at a constant speed with cruise control on. Than I had to put in D because I wanted to overtake a lorry and so I did. Put in D and the car immediately started behaving strange... Every 5 seconds repeatedly a braking felling, a kind of hesitation but that had nothing to do with the engine... exactly like every 5 seconds the brake pedal was lightly pushed😔😔🥺. I put back in N and seems fine than back in D and again the same thing. Than I turned the cruise control of and tried accelerating with the pedal but the same thing was happening and the car has lost its power. After 5 minutes or so trying for several times from D to N and vice versa and giving her a few more times a bit of throttle, the problem disappeared. I went after a few hours again for a ride, put her straight in D and the car drives fine...🤷🏻‍♂️
The feeling I have is that this has nothing to do with the engine itself (engine is running fine) but it feels like it has something to do with the electronic differential cutting off every 5 seconds...but than again I might be wrong.

Any ideas guys, I'm worried something might be wrong!!!

Thanks in advance
Best
Elvis

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
We only have our Giulietta a couple of months and must admit that I had the fun of fiddling from normal to dynamic but even though dynamic is great I have found that in city driving it's a bit too juddery for me.

Doing a bit of experimenting I have found that dynamic can be found by just putting your right foot down a wee bit more in normal mode....so I have kept with it.
I have settled into old man mode.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
70mph on the earlier models but I think that was later changed to remove any limit

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From memory there’s a speed above which D cannot be selected…. don’t recall what speed, though.
I have been always able to select it from 120 km/h...and always worked. Above that I have never tried. Someone told me in the manual is mentioned 110 or 120 I'm not sure

Anyway the Dynamic was selected...just the car was behaving strange

·
Registered
67 Posts
Im in D all the time, it feels like a different car. I haven't noticed any speed limiting in my 2010, just the 'exceeded set speed' warnings I configured.

edit: I understand now, it stops you selecting 'D' rather than limiting your speed in 'D' which probably sounds crazy in retrospect.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
was the body computer ever changed?
I don't think so...there is no record of such a thing. Now I drove to work. Highway cruise control 130km/h in D and all was good, than the road started to incline up hill and it cut the speed as the cruise control was deactivated even though the light was still on!!! Otherwise accelerating manually with the pedal pulls normally

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I use MultiEcuScan can it show the problem? I have it installed in my laptop

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Someone in a Facebook Giulietta page mentioned the flywheel and clutch😲 but I don't have problems with both. The clutch doesn't slip and until 210km/h I have tried the car and she goes pretty quickly and nice.

Can someone tell me please where are the brake and clutch switch located. Has someone a picture of them coz I have no idea. Any link to see where to order them?

Thanks

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, see if they are triggered while you are not pusing the pedals. The switches are on the pedal assembly. Both will turn off cruise so worth checking, but don't order until you KNOW.
Good to know that. I'll check that tomorrow.

What about the possible flywheel and clutch as few people suggested that also...but I haven't noticed any problems that might link to a flywheel issue

·
Registered
23 Posts
Maybe you have something wrong with your brakes?
D-mode also makes brakes more powerful. The brakepads moves closer to the brakediscs.

Just one more option for failure you have.

Lähetetty minun Nokia 8.3 5G laitteesta Tapatalkilla

·
Registered
300 Posts
Maybe you have something wrong with your brakes?
D-mode also makes brakes more powerful. The brakepads moves closer to the brakediscs.

Just one more option for failure you have.

Where on earth did you read that??

·
Registered
23 Posts

Post #9/ Prefill section.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts