Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you will know i am about to change my 2nd MAF in 15 mths.:cry::eek:
Some people have mentioned to me that the straight induction pipe I run maybe having an adverse effect on the MAF and could be causing them to fail quickly. What do you folks think?
Are people here that are running the straight induction pipe going through mafs sooner than expected?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Stop oiling your induction filter.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
It has been suggested that the aftermarket filters allow more moisture through and this could be what kills the maf's. How much truth there is in that I don't know.

I'm unsure about my maf at the moment. The car was down on power on the dyno but there was a split in the intake hose. I have been running a panel filter with no issues but the day it went on the dyno it was like a monsoon outside so it may have gotten wet

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I have never liked these foam sponges though

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Panic - possibly stick that theory up on this thread see what peeps think?

i think im erring towards thinking its your AD filter letting crap through, same as mine.

How long ago did you fit your AD element? :)
March 2010 was when filter was fitted. Just fitted Maf and inside induction pipe was like new. Even old maf looks like new. I may have just been unlucky..

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all seems ok. When I get time I will clean the old one and refit just to see if it was dirty or knackered...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts