Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello site members.

My first post (other than intro). I picked up my new Giulia on Saturday and since then I have been finding any excuse to take it out. Absolutely fantastic car.

Is there any way to stop the radio/media playing on startup without the infotainment system being completely turned off at start up ?

I went through the settings and stopped the media/radio autoplay but now the whole infotainment screen is switched off by default on starting the car and requires the volume button on the centre console to be pressed before infotainment screen comes on.

Turning the temperature up just shows the new temperature briefly and then the screen goes blank again unless the volume knob is pressed.

I cant find anything in the manual and I have searched the forum but couldnt find anything.

I would be much obliged for any assistance :rotate:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello site members.

My first post (other than intro). I picked up my new Giulia on Saturday and since then I have been finding any excuse to take it out. Absolutely fantastic car.

Is there any way to stop the radio/media playing on startup without the infotainment system being completely turned off at start up ?

I went through the settings and stopped the media/radio autoplay but now the whole infotainment screen is switched off by default on starting the car and requires the volume button on the centre console to be pressed before infotainment screen comes on.

Turning the temperature up just shows the new temperature briefly and then the screen goes blank again unless the volume knob is pressed.

I cant find anything in the manual and I have searched the forum but couldnt find anything.

I would be much obliged for any assistance :rotate:
Have you tried the mute button on the steering wheel. Won't prevent radio/media coming on initially but a quick press will mute the sound.

·
Registered
717 Posts
@dtr1710, question is if you want only pause media (e.g. USB) playing but still have phone/nav volume up and open e.g. media screen? what about case when USB stick is not plugged - car comes with radio station and plays - do you want that muted?
Just considering small/simple device which woudl do the trick (I'm not aware of any setting which could do this) - something plugged to one of looms to do the trick. Would there be people interested in such (enough people to cover development/small volume production)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Without the usb the radio comes on automatically at start up.

It's not a problem it would be just ideal to start the engine without any radio or music coming on so as to avoid subjecting any passengers to my poor taste in music and radio haha!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Turn the volume to zero before you get out, when you next start up it will still be zero:)
This ^^^^

Or, what happens if you put an empty USB stick into 9ne if the USB slots and select it?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I cant believe as a new owner that your first post is about the infotainment? I have had 3 Alfas and still have 2 of them. Got hooked with a 147, upgraded to a Guilietta and now have a Guilia as well. These cars are made to go around bends, not listen to music? However if in cruise mode a bit of Andrea Bocelli does seem more fitting than most other stuff. However the best song I have ever pulled away in a brand new car is the Cult, She sells Sanctuary! I think a moderator may push this to another thread?
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=she+sells+sanctuary+lyrics&&view=detail&mid=8C8F80B07D8FDE2AE8AD8C8F80B07D8FDE2AE8AD&&FORM=VRDGAR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did indeed, turning the volume right down on shutting down works a treat - No radio or music blaring out when starting up. Many thanks to everyone for the advice.

Whilst writing I would mention that I got a call from Alfa head office in Italy yesterday asking what I thought of the car. Never had any of the Germans do that - Impressed with the car and impressed with Alfa themselves. The dealer was great too.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have now encountered a strange phenomenon, if I power my dashcam from the centre USB port the car sees it as a media device and starts playing the videos, but I only hear the audio part. It only started doing it this week is there a way to make the car unlearn it as a media device?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have now encountered a strange phenomenon, if I power my dashcam from the centre USB port the car sees it as a media device and starts playing the videos, but I only hear the audio part. It only started doing it this week is there a way to make the car unlearn it as a media device?
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Nope! But try and plug it into the rear seat USB which only supplies power.

Should work.

·
Registered
926 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Anybody else get the AM radio playing when starting the car after streaming bluetooth on a previous journey. Mine does it all the time and it's a right PITA!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anybody else get the AM radio playing when starting the car after streaming bluetooth on a previous journey. Mine does it all the time and it's a right PITA!
Yes, I have the same issue if I stream Spotify or listen to Audible Books (but not if I was using the USB Drive)
It seems like the system just randomly squirts the radio through until it gets its BT sorted - I just normally hit Mute until it comes through :|

1 - 17 of 17 Posts