Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all you Alfa Stelvio owners I need advise as this is my first Alfa Stelvio....Lov it
I have a 2017 stevio 2,2 210hp I would like to turn off the stop/start on a permanent basis as it drives me nuts and keep remembering to turn off each trip is also annoying............any suggestions on how to do this will be welcome, also is it worth a remap to stage 1 and not touching the DPF as I believe it's illegal to use after removal of DPF

·
Premium Member
‘21 Rosso Stelvio Ti Nero Edizione
19 Posts
Google “Alfa Romeo start stop override” or something similar. The is a device that you can buy
that takes less than 5 minutes to install that solves the problem.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
My stop/start hardly ever works. Never had a problem with the rear screen. In fact it comes as a shock when the stop/start works at all in the winter

The battery appears to be good too

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My stop/start hardly ever works. Never had a problem with the rear screen. In fact it comes as a shock when the stop/start works at all in the winter

The battery appears to be good too
My stop/start seems to behave in the same manner never guaranteed to work but I'm trying to remember to turn it off each time I start up, you never know it might make the battery and starting motor last longer!!!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Until the Sunday flat battery my stop start was working everywhere, don't forget outside air temps can be a big factor in it working.

·
Registered
40,535 Posts
Start Stop systems use a different type of starter motor which can withstand repeated use. Not that mine needs to on 4000 miles a year.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
The numbers I've seen state that starters are designed for 50,000 starts, S/S equipped cars for 250,000 starts...

So if your S/S kicks in more than 4 times per drive you're likely shoreting the lifespan of the starter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts