Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back last night from a few days in soaking Newquay in my new GT V6. Gotta say what a machine :thumbs: . Did about 800 miles never missed a beat, perfect long distance cruiser ..... and the acceleration to get past caravans is amazing. Thank God I got the Q2 otherwise I reckon I would've gone through a set of tyres by now.

But I was amazed by how economical it was compared to my old GTV V6 3.0. Can't work out exact mpg but I reckon I must have got 30-ish easy, well happy. I suppose that 6th gear must be the reason, just purrs along on the m/way at 3500 revs :thumbs:

I even got a return flash from the only other GT I saw on the whole trip - if you're the fella in the gold GT, nice one ...!

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
You've gotta love the busso engine - fantastic in so many ways :thumbs:

After also owning a GTV V6, my next alfa will be a V6 "upgrade" from my oil burner! Just wish I didn't do so much mileage for work :cry:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Got back last night from a few days in soaking Newquay in my new GT V6. Gotta say what a machine :thumbs: . Did about 800 miles never missed a beat, perfect long distance cruiser ..... and the acceleration to get past caravans is amazing. Thank God I got the Q2 otherwise I reckon I would've gone through a set of tyres by now.

But I was amazed by how economical it was compared to my old GTV V6 3.0. Can't work out exact mpg but I reckon I must have got 30-ish easy, well happy. I suppose that 6th gear must be the reason, just purrs along on the m/way at 3500 revs :thumbs:

I even got a return flash from the only other GT I saw on the whole trip - if you're the fella in the gold GT, nice one ...!

Good stuff:thumbs:

A gold GT:eek:

I flash loades of other Alfas but they just think I am a thicko:lol: Not one returned! How rude!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Rich - your old gtv v6 is plodding along at around 25 mpg which aint so bad :)
A/C works too - no leaks :p

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good stuff:thumbs:

A gold GT:eek:

I flash loades of other Alfas but they just think I am a thicko:lol: Not one returned! How rude!
..... yeah, it was a colour I've never seen on a GT before. Definitely a gold / light brown hue. Sounds :eek: but actually looked really classy. Maybe an Irish import or something.

No waves? Don't worry mate. I suppose A lot of Alfas are driven as company cars / reps so they aren't in the know. They just use it as an A to B thing, to them it's just a Vectra with a cool badge :mad: . I flashed a flippin Alfa Duetto driver a few months back in my GTV, he glared at me as though I'd just crawled out of his armpit. Miserable git.

Phil if you're "plodding along" in the GTV V6 you ain't drivin it right mate ....!!! :p . But 25mpg isnt bad. Glad to hear you got the air con sorted.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Maybe a custom paint job maybe looked classy but when people say "what colour is your car" oh its brown I think "the colour of poo" maybe thats me being immature? Like I aint heard that before!

Will stick with the flashing Alfas someone will take my cherry, open to offers! What a tart :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts