Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you have suffered from excessive stonechipping of your cars. I wondered a few things :-

1) How old/what mileage is 'needed' to make a claim worthwhile ?
2) How bad is 'excessive' for stonechipping (number of chips in the bonnet for example)
3) How good is an official AR respray compared to new car condition ?

I ask as I have quite a few chips in my bonnet (about 15-20 1mm diameter to the primer - white chip on black car) on a 14 month old (20k miles) 159 and wondered how many chips would it take at that age for AR to take a claim seriously and whether an AR respray on the car will look as good as a new car or look obviously repainted.

Thanks for any comments from anyone that has successfully claimed on this matter :)

Timbo

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,716 Posts
wow, i can't imagine that EVER being claimable here in Australia, for any manufacturer. sure, if the paint started peeling off, but for 'wear and tear' damage...

but i hope you can be compensated. chips are certainly damn annoying. i remember my Alfa Red 156 being quite peppered from all the highway driving i did. hence, a car bra for my GT, and clear film planned for the 159.

prevention is better than cure (sic).

:)

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, i can't imagine that EVER being claimable here in Australia, for any manufacturer. sure, if the paint started peeling off, but for 'wear and tear' damage...

but i hope you can be compensated. chips are certainly damn annoying. i remember my Alfa Red 156 being quite peppered from all the highway driving i did. hence, a car bra for my GT, and clear film planned for the 159.

prevention is better than cure (sic).

:)
Yeah , I don't see it being viable but some seem to have sucessfully claimed and I wondered how high the bar was set by AR.

·
Registered
210 Posts
There are reports on another thread that AR have coughed up in some circumstances.

There's about 4 bare metal chips across the front of mine, which is shocking for a 5 week old car. My Golf went back with 60K miles and not so much as a pinprick on the paintwork.

I don't think I'd get anywhere at this stage - but I put in writing my concern to the dealer, so they have it on record (but haven't replied) when I roll up in 6 month's time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts