Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my front bumper, bonnet and wings have some quite bad Road rash, I guess the only fix it to get a respray of those panels, tried chipex but it's just too bad.
Any ideas how much roughly I'd be looking to pay?
Do you think the colour match would be good with the rosso radifocani?
Is there mobile people who can do such repairs?

Thanks ☺

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
With a local independent you might get away with it being under £1,000.00. The 'smart' guys are really more for scuff and scrapes.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With a local independent you might get away with it being under £1,000.00. The 'smart' guys are really more for scuff and scrapes.
That's the sort of price I was hoping it wouldn't be! Might be one of the things I may have to live with.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a similar problem - got quoted about £1600 for the bonnet, bumper and flanks and roughly £2500 for the whole car. I'm considering alternatives....

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, think I'm just going to live with it if I'm looking at that much, Car's just not worth is sadly :(

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Yeah, think I'm just going to live with it if I'm looking at that much, Car's just not worth is sadly :(

In that case spend £30 on a Chipex kit and hide the chips. Nowhere close to respray but will look loads better and minimal effort

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In that case spend £30 on a Chipex kit and hide the chips. Nowhere close to respray but will look loads better and minimal effort
Tried that, disguises them slightly but the colour match is not quite 100% so you can still see them. And minimal effort is a bit of a lie if you saw how many chips I have ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Stone chip repair

Hi there, thought I'd add my suggestion :)

I've a similar problem with stone chips dotted all over the bonnet and wings of my 147 and was looking for a DIY solution. I stumbled upon this link

Stone Chip Repair Guide - Detailing World (purple bmw)

I'm a total amateur but keen on keeping my car looking presentable as possible, I followed the guide and am pretty pleased with the results. It's time consuming but if your prepared to take your time you (I find working on a small area works best) can achieve a decent repair for very little cash.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Hi there, thought I'd add my suggestion :)

I've a similar problem with stone chips dotted all over the bonnet and wings of my 147 and was looking for a DIY solution. I stumbled upon this link

Stone Chip Repair Guide - Detailing World (purple bmw)

I'm a total amateur but keen on keeping my car looking presentable as possible, I followed the guide and am pretty pleased with the results. It's time consuming but if your prepared to take your time you (I find working on a small area works best) can achieve a decent repair for very little cash.

Hope this helps
That is essentially the process I use although there's a couple of tricks I employ that means I don't have to wetsand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts