Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Im working on getting my newly acquired Spider into shape, although on a DIY budget.

The front bumper is painted yellow, but the underlying plastic is black. This leads to some pretty visible black stone chips on the yellow paint. I have provided pictures.

Im thinking of touching up the black stone chips with a very small brush and paint, so that they become less visible. At least try one or two of them before i go to town on the rest. Does anyone have a paint to recommend?

Im a bit skeptical to repaint the whole bumper, as it is quite expensive and i've heard that the color match to the rest of the car can be poor.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Probably a bit late for you but the best tool is a fine line paint pen-you fill the little angled pot and it fills in tiny drops-see Larry from AMMO using it on an old Porsche on YouTube.

·
Registered
612 Posts
You could get some colour matched paint mixed up in an spray can, or a small pot depending on what services are available where you live. Spray a little onto a piece of plastic and use a small brush on the chips.

It won't be an exact match, but it will be less noticeable than the black plastic visible now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts