Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my white Alfa Giulietta was stolen early hours of Sunday morning... if everyone could keep there eyes open it would be massively appreciated. It happened in the craghead area of Stanley, County Durham. Thanks

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Hi, my white Alfa Giulietta was stolen early hours of Sunday morning... if everyone could keep there eyes open it would be massively appreciated. It happened in the craghead area of Stanley, County Durham. Thanks
Look on the bright side, your maintenance costs have just gone down.:hehe:
Seriously though, sorry to hear it.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
If someone saw a white G, how would anyone know it's your car?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
I am also sorry about that. Hope it has been insured at least.
Just a bald question - What could be a future destiny of stolen white RHD Alfa Giu inside home island.
It can help to identify a search directions provided it is needed.
Recently stolen car waits normally for better transport time. I would ride around nearest streets, check some potential "holes" nearby, 24/7 supermarkets parking, etc.

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
Spares are clear.
Do not former British RHD colonies inform Metropolis about such cars ???...
This case there still exist a case to intercept car in nearest harbor but could be already late though.

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
What is a craghead mean. I understand it as kind of sight seeing place to see sea from hills.
If it is a kind of touristic place there should be a lot of cameras and police should check them if steal claimed. Anyway cameras are everywhere to be checked.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think distinguishing features might be more useful, as it's unlikely to be on its original plates from soon after the theft.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,737 Posts
How did anyone manage to steel it? Its not like hot wiring an old Ford. Did they steel the keys, did you leave it unlocked?

Reactions: cue2

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I think distinguishing features might be more useful, as it's unlikely to be on its original plates from soon after the theft.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I think the reg is very useful, it may, it may not be on its original plates, but that doesn't mean we have to dismiss this easy form of identification. If it's on false plates they will show up on the PNC enquiry.

Police usually ask for this first, not distinguishing features.

"I don't know the registration number officer but the car has a pink daffodil on the back seat"

Nah...:lol:

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
Alfa Romeo is just ordinary car and could be stolen though.
Personally I can hardly believe it could happen knowing a lot of different relative aspects involved.
I have a three vital scenarios could have happened.
1. Locked/Unlocked is not a big for professionals. Car has been left with a key in a slot or any other visible place ( passenger seat for instance ) which make no chances to ignore it by some brave guy.
2. Car may be moved by police or any other authorities for eventual parking rules violation, block of sufficient driving place for others or something similar.
3. We actually may not exclude so called insurance fraud. I'm sorry to say this. That is something which would be definitely discussed by insurance company. This is their standard silly approach than they have faced with something "out of the book" and sometimes happens unfortunately.

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
I have seen plates message of yesterday.
Actually thieves know how anti- theft authorities proceeds and act accordingly.
Just for instance, here in Russia any car would be stopped by police definitely at 5 o'clock morning because it is considered to be suspicious and strange since people sleeps normally that time. That is why stolen car same time are normally parked as hidden as possible but nearby definitely since it is to risky to match police. So they wait for rush hours and drive her away inside rush traffic.
Next is also specific. I think it is absolutely stupid idea to stop every black VAG to consider her potentially stolen but is case of white AlfaRomeo Giu it is not. My view if such car has been stolen professionally you would never face her on the roads in a spite number plates on her either original or fake.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What is a craghead mean. I understand it as kind of sight seeing place to see sea from hills.
If it is a kind of touristic place there should be a lot of cameras and police should check them if steal claimed. Anyway cameras are everywhere to be checked.
Cragheads just the town in Stanley im from.. im afraid it's not a sightseeing place.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts