Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so changed the fuel filter and the car does go better.... but today it did its "thing" where is feels like a petrol car missing but it gives no error code and only happends while going up hill, and also the second problem is the battery is running flat in a couple of days though its a new battery and its charging at 14. somthing volts (fiatscan!), would that be the regulator? been reading a few threads on here but i'm not clear on if you can just change that and is it a easy job?
Also I have a rattle when cold that goes with higer revs and does sound like a alternator pully rattleing does that sound about right?

sorry to be a pain lol

·
Registered
912 Posts
Sounds similar to my brother's problem with his GT 1.9JTD. He changed the fuel filter and it was a bit better but it was only when he changed the EGR Valve that the problem went away.

Actually, he was, occassionaly, getting the engine management light on . . .

·
Registered
231 Posts
after cleaning my egr i had this problem. it would also miss fire odd times during idle,
for less than a fiver off ebay get yourself a egr blank off plate. you will get a fault code but see if this helps, my alfa has never been better since i fitted mine.

·
Registered
231 Posts
not starting but now and then my 156 will drain the battery if not used for a few days (4+). also when this happens the radio turns itself on willy nilly when parked up.

i nearly bought a battery before xmas but as funds were tight i didn't, its been fine since. the cold weather wont help batterys.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
after cleaning my egr i had this problem. it would also miss fire odd times during idle,
for less than a fiver off ebay get yourself a egr blank off plate. you will get a fault code but see if this helps, my alfa has never been better since i fitted mine.
This is the image indicating the blank should be fitted on the underside of the EGR

View attachment 134930

Does anyone know whether the same blank will fit where arrowed? Should the blank ever need to be removed from the EGR, I shudder to think what will have built up in the feeder pipe that could then potentially find its way into the manifold/swirl vavles. Surely blanking at the exhaust manifold is the better option.

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How does blanking it off give a error? you would think it would carry on flicking in and out just not doing anything.....

·
Registered
926 Posts
The MAP sensor causes the error code when the egr is blanked off, because it isn't reading a pressure change when the valve opens. A least I think that's right:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts