Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chaps,

..I'm still losing brake fluid.. my friendly mechanic [non-alfa] has had a thorough look and can find nothing. Braking performance has not been affected, need to add 30-50mls every two weeks or so..

any further ideas?....

regards

raj :rolleyes:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok any fluid marks on the rear walls of the tyres if not is your drivers side carpet under the peddle's dry or is your slave cylinder on top off the gearbox leaking another could be the fluid filling up your servo via master cylinder.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My mechanic mentioned the servo filling as he cant find any leaks despite his best efforts...

if this is the case what can i expect to happen as time goes by and is it expensive to fix?

thanks Nordic,

regards
raj

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eventually it will feel like you have no brake assistance like your brakes are made of bricks.
Not sure on prices but i would expect you could get a secound hand servo and master from someone on here (me or chris155)if it is that.
Where in the country are you?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
raj get your mechanic to look on top of the gearbox under the battery tray area..
the rubber cover on the clutch slave cylinder maybe holding the fliud inside so just pull it off and see if fluid spills out.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys,

sorry for not replying to your advice earlier, i've been 'off-line' for a while...

I'll ask my mechanic to check out these areas

thanks a lot....

regards

raj

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi,

I would also suspect the vacuum servo. If the joints of the master brake cylinder pop off fluid is sucked into the vacuum thing.

There is plenty of room in it, enough for app. 1 ltr. of brake fluid. Last stage will be huge blue clouds coming out of the exhaust and an awkward smell under braking.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It'll be your clutch slave cylinder leaking. Its under the battery tray on 16v's If that helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts