Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right after a breakdown with clutch dropping to the floor and hydrolic oil under passenger side, an rac callout and being told it was slave cylinder. I spent best part of afternoon replacing it, it was seized in the bracket the circlip was seized and battery tray was a pain to get out.
And after eventually getting it all back together and bleeding it started it up and after pressing pedal couple of times it dropped to the floor puddle of oil under car !!!aaarrrgghhhh.
My questions are must it be the metal pipe feeding the cylinder and where can I get one, what is the small pot in metal pipe as it seems to be coming from that area. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
The small pot is a vibration damper. Has some bits inside that can cause a leak if they fail. Part No. 5 :

FIAT ePER

Might just be a poor connection if you're lucky.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that part compatible with an 05 1.9 gt? Thanks for info gonna have to take battery and tray out again tomorrow to find exactly where leak is.are the metal pipes easy to get because I can't find them anywhere.

·
Registered
446 Posts
would I cause a real storm if I suggested you don't really need the vibration damper and could just fit a metal line the whole way with a flexi section on the very end similar to the ones on the brakes.
Has anyone tried that?

They are the same as brake pipes, you may well have someone in your town who can make one up for you if the above suggestion hold water ( or brake fluid ) for not very much. especially if you take the old one with the end fittings with you.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
The damper is just supposed to reduce engine "buzz" at the clutch pedal more than anything else. If you search, there are posts on here from people who have replaced it with a bit of compatible pipe with no ill effects. Might even improve the clutch action apparently.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ye think that's the way I'm gonna go cuz can't see how to get new one in without allot of hassle. Just need to find find fittings or someone to make something up.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ye think that's the way I'm gonna go cuz can't see how to get new one in without allot of hassle. Just need to find find fittings or someone to make something up.
Is Avondale in Kettering near you? they might do it. or might make you one up if you take the old one.

·
Registered
446 Posts
yes it's the same fluid and the same system. you just have to make sure you get the correct end fittings.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was going to cut the pipe just before the damper and join it by using the same kit as you would use on brake pipes ??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts