Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool:OK……yes I am a ‘newbie’, why…..because I bought my first Alfa.

As a mature person I have learnt a lot about cars over the years. Started off on the old Fords in the 70’s….then a few more Fords…XR3 etc then the odd Morgan’s…..then Japanese…..the old Datun’s then the Nissan’s….then trucks in Isuzu’s. Always had to respect the Germans (don’t mention the war!).

The early Mercedes was so engineered they were the first one without a gasket on the heads… so impressed. Yes I do love them……but funnily enough I never owned one, the closest I got was an Audi….and yes it was pretty damn good.

But now we talk about Italian cars……’Hey Luigi’….

So what are the benefits?

Some could say the most desirable cars in the world are Italian.

Ferrari…Lamborghini…Maserati….De Tomaso Pantera (gone now) .but Fiat still goes on… with Alfa Romeo!
and always bow to a Lancia….

The interesting question…is why?

Style…..yes, loads of it…with great road holding…..the Alfa was the ‘Car of the Year’…..and all that stuff!

From 1600cc to 3200cc they will perform for you in their category.
I am the cheaper smaller one….but with a tweak…it will blow off the GTi’s…Jags…and even make Porsche’s work hard to beat me …with a grin on my face!

Comfort….well yes you are sitting in one.

People say……’Ohhh Alfa’…….electronics….bushes…..cam belts……and the ECU…. they say that because they don’t know enough about it.

With your own Alfa…..stick your nose in…get to know it…. familiarise yourself with it, after 4 days you will save money…..just like Luigi!

In my humble opinion they are a great used buy. Avoid the Lemon’s that have been screwed by kids.
The days of the rust bucket has gone…most galvanised steel…..and most are fully loaded.

My old Alfa….is still going on…..occasionally I have to pamper it and do some common sense maintenance. Cost me £1,800 four years ago as a used car…..still say’s to me…”Thanks for buying me!”
But then again..... of course in Italian….it sounds more sexy.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

Saluti, Giordano.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts