1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

145 1.4 T.Spark 1999 and no ABS

2 questions, first suspension:
Does anyone have info regarding the standard shocks, about their stiffness? I would like to have shocks like Monroe Sensatrac, which should be stiff as original shocks during normal circumstances and more stiffer if needed. If anyone has an idea or experience, I will really appreciate it.

Second,
Any experience with Tarox G88 and Sport Japan? Have any idea which one is better?

Thx, Have a nice weekend,

Murat

G

·
0 Posts
Hello my friend! I can only answer half of your question as I don't know the stiffness of the original shock (I use KONI shocks and EIBACH springs and I'm quite satisfied!!!!). I also use the G88 TAROX front disks with TEXTAR pads and the result is excellent. The braking distance I have measured for the 100-0 was 41m which I think is very good with the original callipers. Furthermore they don't get "tired" even after continuous braking (I have tested them 3 times in track days!!!!! without noticing something bad despite the fact that when I came out to let the car hava a rest fumes were comming out of the front wheels!!!!!!!)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for your suggestion.
I had to change the front discs and pads. The original disc and the pads will cost 250€ in Germany. I sent an email to TAROX Germany with my bad german, :), and it turned out that G88 and the pads will cost 260€ for me. I think an additional 10 € is a reasonable price for this set, :).

I have question for your suspension kit. I was first looking for such a kit, but thought that it could be too stiff for a 1.4. How is the ride comfort on normal roads?

G

·
0 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 145TR:
<strong>I have question for your suspension kit. I was first looking for such a kit, but thought that it could be too stiff for a 1.4. How is the ride comfort on normal roads?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As you already know I live in Greece. What you may not know is that we have the worst roads in Europe.It's more than difficult to find a road which isn't rough. So under these circumstances and tuned at about half the stifness available it only gets uncomfortable within the town. Believe me KONI is much better than BILSTEIN (as I had them in my car for 1 1/2 years)and with KONI the car is more stable and less noisy although they are stiffer(I know it sounds crazy but it's true!!!!!). Something else I forgot to tell you is that the rear socks are from Alfa 155 Q4 which are more heavy duty than the A146's!!!!

As I know the roads in German are a lot better than Greece so don't hasitate to use KONI ....!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx a lot Gianni,
I will take a look at the Koni Yellow and lower springs.
And it is also nice to learn about the Greek roads. I have never been to Greece and looking forward to see. I started living in Germany 2 years ago and still using my car from Turkey. I have to get back to Turkey this summer because of the regulations.

Cheers,
Murat

G

·
0 Posts
Anytime my friend! You may visit our club WWW.GTC.GR
It is in greek but using systran may help you understand some of it!! :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts