Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since a few weeks I am the proud owner of a Giulietta QV. It has H&R springs and standard shocks, running on 17". It drives good but I am convinced the turn-in could be improved stil, sharpened up.
On my other car (156 GTA) I had
Eibach ARB's installed last year and that greatly improved the turn-in of the car, much more than the B8 shocks that were installed earlier.

So I was looking for stiffer ARB set for the giulietta as well but can't find it. Eibach does not offer these, other manufacturers neither.
Anyone ideas?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Switch to tyres with better turn in until there are arbs available.

My Hankooks turn in lightning quick compared to the Pirellis and Michelin. But as a downside they also are more prone to tramlining and filter less vibrations.

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Try moving to 18s, less sidewall means better turn in?

Reactions: Freds GTV 2001

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My mistake - I am already driving on 18"

But the problem is not the tyres.
Once you've experienced the effect of upgraded ARB's (like I did on my 156) you'll understand why I am searching for those.
Really makes an enormous difference!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I did have a GTA rear arb on my 156 so yes, I know.

I'm only poiinting to a temporary solution as there are no aftermarket sway bars available and all Giuliettas use the same size.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
is a sway bar the same thing as a strut bar?
The rigid bar between the tops of the shock absorbers?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
So sway bar is at the bottom, and the strut bar is at the top of the shocks?
Would one use both?
Why can I only find strut bars for the Giulietta?

·
Registered
188 Posts
So sway bar is at the bottom, and the strut bar is at the top of the shocks?
Would one use both?
Why can I only find strut bars for the Giulietta?
Yes correct.

It depends on the type of suspension, but most cars have sway bars, so whenever you'll add a strut mount you will indeed have both.

Struts bar are easier to install, often bought for the looks rather than perfomance gains and less "hardcore" than a stiffer swaybar. I guess that's why these typically hit the market sooner than a sway bar.

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
No, you couldn't have passed it up.... That is almost cheaper than domestic shipping from some companies.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
why not order read and front - then under/oversteer ration remains unchanged, but you'll get a more direct steer-in into corners.

And keep us informed on whether they fit!

·
Registered
72 Posts
why not order read and front - then under/oversteer ration remains unchanged, but you'll get a more direct steer-in into corners.

And keep us informed on whether they fit!
Progress Technology only makes a rear ARB for the Dodge Dart. I'm pretty happy with the front end setup I've got and I don't want to invest too much money encase it doesn't fit. Eibach makes a front and rear aftermarket ARB for the Dodge Dart but the total cost with shipping would have been well over $600 U.S. I paid $188 U.S. (shipped) for the Progress Technology ARB. I'm just hoping they will honor the quoted shipping cost and actually send it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts