Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there. I have a 2008 159 SW Lusso v6 and i am looking to stiffen the suspension without lowering the car.Is that achievable and if yes,how?

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Any reason to not want it a little lower?....TIs are not exactly a "low rider"....you have to put one next to a Lusso to really notice the difference. Personally I think they look much better a little lower....although you might not want to go as low as me if you live in an area with lots of speed humps!! Generally stiffer springs are also lower springs.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any reason to not want it a little lower?....TIs are not exactly a "low rider"....you have to put one next to a Lusso to really notice the difference. Personally I think they look much better a little lower....although you might not want to go as low as me if you live in an area with lots of speed humps!! Generally stiffer springs are also lower springs.
the reasoning lies with the potholes in Bulgaria and speedbumps. The car has power, but it leans way to much in corners. I suspect the shocks are gone,but i wonder if I want the standart ones,or something stiffer. ARB are also being considered...My previous car was a 146 ti and that was really low.I dig the lusso ride height,but would definitely like a stiffer suspension.May be the ti suspension is the way to go after all....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts