Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everybody. I've got a 95 155 1.7 TS. The car is great, and I love Alfa! I have a problem. I live in Norway, and here it's pretty cold sometimes. This is the 2. winter I have the 155, and last winter I lived longer north where the weather is much colder. Anyway, I never had ANY problems at all with the car back then, but now I do.

The key hole freezes (no problem though) But... It seems like the latch mechanism also freezes, and also the door handle. The door handle is no problem either, but what can you do when the latch freezes? :(

Anyody have a clue?

I belive the problem is that here in Bergen it's raining and then at the night it freezes, and then water is comming into the latch and it freezes. This happens on both sides. I also have a solutin why it didn't freeze longer north: When it's that cold about -20 celsius, the humidity in ihe air isn't that high, and also no rain which get's in the latch mechanism.

Anyway, I'll be happy to hear from you all!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apart from striping it down and greasing everything I've haven't a clue......best to wait for someone from norway to answer this one ;)

wrinx

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wrinx said:
Apart from striping it down and greasing everything I've haven't a clue......best to wait for someone from norway to answer this one ;)

wrinx
Maybe you're right wrinx. I'll strip it down, baybe there's a plastic cover somewhere that's not waterproof, like the 156.... Who knows...
Actually the plastic cover isn't supposed to cover the latch, so I'll grease like crazy and hope for the best... :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts