Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again. I have a question regarding my clutch. Since I bought the car it was noticeable the clutch will need a replacing. It is engaging only at short traveling distance on the bottom.

Anyway it was really freezing (-6 °C) tonight and when I pressed the pedal it remained there. Got better only after car warmed up.

I'm not planning to change the clutch for another year at least. Do you think bleeding could help? Is it actually a hydraulic clutch on 145QV? If yes where is the bleeding screw and reservoir?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Sounds like an iffy slave cylinder.
Can you get an assistant to push the pedal while you peer down on top of the 'box to see how far the piston travels. It gets warmed by the engine so will be smoother after a while of running. Maybe worth bleeding it to start with.
The bleed nipple is on the slave cylinder itself and the reservoir is shared with the brakes.
It is fairly easy to change, just hope its not the master cylinder cos that is a PITA to change !

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chardy. Will have a look on it after Christmas. Did not know the liquid is shared with brakes. I've actually just changed the brake fluid and bleed them a week ago.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like an iffy slave cylinder.
Can you get an assistant to push the pedal while you peer down on top of the 'box to see how far the piston travels. It gets warmed by the engine so will be smoother after a while of running. Maybe worth bleeding it to start with.
The bleed nipple is on the slave cylinder itself and the reservoir is shared with the brakes.
It is fairly easy to change, just hope its not the master cylinder cos that is a PITA to change !
You were 100% right. Had a look on the slave cylinder while pressing on the clutch and it's bleeding fluid like a hell. So will have to change it.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
There's a "how-to" guide on Alfa145.com here for changing the clutch slave cylinder. You will need to register/login first before you can access that link.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have just bought a new FEBI slave cylinder. Was only 39 EUR instead of 58 EUR for BOSCH. Will replace it on Friday and let's see. Maybe even the clutch will feel much better and would not need to change it in few more years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts