Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics attached. Engine dismantled readly for removal, floors butchered and ready for repair. Sills tacked in place and ready to roll. Quite suprised and how the previous restorer had done the wing rails. Hats off to him it was fine apart from a bit of surface rust. A lashing of red oxide has now been appllied too for good measure. Drivers side only thus far . . . . . .

Got a lovely set of black leather GTV seats to put in too.

Oh - PS does anyone have a rear bumper rubber grommet knocking around (the one that goes into the rear valance) as I appear to have lost one:mad:

Oh - PPS. Matt AKA Astudialf. Please drop me a line and we'll try to hook up with regard to exchange of parts sometime in July/August or perhaps sort a courier. I have your doors here remember.

Oh - PPPS. Does anyone fancy a swap for my grey carpet for a red or maybe even a green one?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update. Progress is very slow but new inner and outer sills are now on. Took a bit of modification though. Car is like a flintstones car with holes in the floor, but we'll get there. Still not sure what colour to potentially paint her though. Do I go for 530 red as it should be, or I fancy 130 red as per the GTV cup. Or perhaps another - different - shade of Alfa Romeo red - Suggeestions?

The car is never going to be concourse so the idea is to make something tasteful, different but still in keeping with the Alfa Romeo style. GTV leather interior is going in, will do a cloth headlining plus another couple of wee refinements. Any thoughts?

Attachments

M

·
0 Posts
Good luck with it Steven:thumbs: Looking forward to seeing it progress:cool:

Have you thought about Proteo red or the new Alfa red metallic?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Long time since I posted anything up. Offside is now wind and watertight (lack of windows aside . . . .). turned my attention to the engine seeing as my neighbour is doing the welding side and am reliant on his availability to complete the other side. One aside is I was surprised at how good the inner wing rail was on the drivers side - I opened the wee inspection panel, cleared out debris and it was remarkably clean. Now full of Waxoyl . . . .

Anyway - head dismantled on one side ready to clean and rebuild. This was from an engine purchased and plan is to build a good engine to transplant into the car to replace the one in there. Anyway - mobile phone pics not the best but should give you an idea . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One head done I think. Pardon crappy pics as done on mobile phone again.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Was expecting left had inner wing rail to be horrendous, however once I took it back to metal what greeted me was this. Pleasantly surprised. Floors and sills a bit of a mess though . . . .

EDIT:- Pics now uploaded after some problems last night . . .

Attachments

M

·
0 Posts
Good result with the wing rail Steven. Mine was in similar condition. The worst of the rust on mine was at the base of the bulkhead and the lower part on the front of the inner wings. Having mudguards fitted really help to preserve the wing rails.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aye Mark particularly with the nearside. It is the side that catches the worst of the crud so quite happy with that result.
The fuel filler neck however is what could best be described as a bit crusty . . . .:lol:

M

·
0 Posts
Aye Mark particularly with the nearside. It is the side that catches the worst of the crud so quite happy with that result.
The fuel filler neck however is what could best be described as a bit crusty . . . .:lol:
A Sprint would go crusty anywhere given half a chance:lol:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I am starting to think that the Alfa Romeo dustpan and brush should be an official accessory = there was another 2 shovels after the first one :wow:

Yesterdays pics now attached. Not pretty . . . . . . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Slow - nay glacial - progress, however she is now struturally sound - ish. Engine done, ready to go in. Suspension out and ready to be reassembled/go back on.
Today I bought the paint, and the colour has been chosen. Don't know when it'll get done, but the money was set aside and it's the biggest expense to date.

Rosso Miro 167A is the final choice. Now - your thoughts. Do I do the bumpers black or body colour? Erring on the side of black but open to persuasion as my car doesn't have the side protection panels.

G

·
0 Posts
Slow - nay glacial - progress, however she is now struturally sound - ish. Engine done, ready to go in. Suspension out and ready to be reassembled/go back on.
Today I bought the paint, and the colour has been chosen. Don't know when it'll get done, but the money was set aside and it's the biggest expense to date.

Rosso Miro 167A is the final choice. Now - your thoughts. Do I do the bumpers black or body colour? Erring on the side of black but open to persuasion as my car doesn't have the side protection panels.
Just saw this. As an ex-Sprint Green Cloverleaf owner and a 156 GTA owner (in Rosso Miro) I'd say how very dare you! That colour is for 156 GTAs only!!! :p:lol: But I'd suggest body coloured bumpers if you don't have the black side panels.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Love how 167 looks like Alfa Red - until the light changes and it just comes to life.

The eventual end result of this Sprint will upset the purists but who cares. It was never going to be a showcar, but it WILL be a true Alfa

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And now - thanks to the help and advice of GTCoop - the front suspension is back on too. I must remember to not be scared to be brutal . . . . .

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
You're putting me to shame with this, Steven, so if you ever get bored with fettling Italian bits I've got a lovely pile of Solihull's finest lying here that you're more than welcome to come and play with, :thumbs:.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You're putting me to shame with this, Steven, so if you ever get bored with fettling Italian bits I've got a lovely pile of Solihull's finest lying here that you're more than welcome to come and play with, :thumbs:.
Hardly David but thanks for the compliment. Progress is glacial, but relatively steady. It is the reason I have taken a wee back seat from meets etc, but once she is complete she will be out and about.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts