Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can peoples please post some pics & details of Stereos fitted to Giulias. Hidden or on display & speaker mounting.

For the long journeys, I'm getting a bit fed up with earphones & a phone.

I have some 6x9 Infinitys kicking about, but as all my tunes are on MP3, I would need to buy an USB based stereo - all the ones on the market seem a little bling, and I'm unsure about the quality of the sound coming out of those period stereos that you can buy that have been MP3 converted.

I've a 71 GTJ so it would have to be an under dash or glovebox stereo install.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
You can have modern radios fitted into a period radio with MP3 and all. The rest is up to the speakers.
I belive there a two suppliers in the UK.
I have a classic Becker Grand Prix Stereo, doesn't work, suits me fine. Engine sound track is lovely, but I understand others have different opinions. And on long runs some music can be fine.
Erik

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have a classic Blaupunkt which is only mono but has FM/LW/MW/SW, two speakers are hidden up under the dash. It also has an 8 track DIN socket which I've wired up as an MP3 input. No need to turn it on when on the move as I already have a great soundtrack but it's good to listen to the test match on R4.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
You can have modern radios fitted into a period radio with MP3 and all. The rest is up to the speakers.
I belive there a two suppliers in the UK.
I have a classic Becker Grand Prix Stereo, doesn't work, suits me fine. Engine sound track is lovely, but I understand others have different opinions. And on long runs some music can be fine.
Erik
who are the two suppliers,, pls help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts