Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Finally got the radio to power. Amp to power and music to play!!!! Been a journey though!

I've had to bridge a connection between the red and yellow. Just putting a switch in the connection now to allow me to fully turn the radio on and off!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks typos1....

All sorted now. Radio working fine. Bose running fine and fitted my own sub. Thanks for the help. Very happy to have a good sound system finally working!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have took it from the cig lighter. It still wouldn't power the unit on. So I kept that waited in anyway and put a switch between the red and yellow 'link' (where I bridged the gap) and just have to switch it on and off by a discreet switch in pass footwell.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just to add that I have an Xtrons unit (10" touch screen job) and used the RCA adaptors for the amp and it was far too quiet. At motorway speeds I had it on full volume and couldn't understand speech. Yes, I'm deaf, but not that deaf... So I just plugged the speakers cables in the usual ISO socket and all good. There was an older adaptor in there for the ISO stuff so had to wire the power lead for the amp but all good. I'd have bought the 3.2 Connects 2 and it would have just worked on my 2009 GT.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just to add that I have an Xtrons unit (10" touch screen job) and used the RCA adaptors for the amp and it was far too quiet. At motorway speeds I had it on full volume and couldn't understand speech. Yes, I'm deaf, but not that deaf... So I just plugged the speakers cables in the usual ISO socket and all good. There was an older adaptor in there for the ISO stuff so had to wire the power lead for the amp but all good. I'd have bought the 3.2 Connects 2 and it would have just worked on my 2009 GT.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Yes, you dont use the RCA outs with the Bose adapter.

Its not actually an Xtrons unit - Xtrons are a "seller" only, they buy from a manufacturer, stick their label on and sell as their own.

I take it its an Android unit ?

41 - 48 of 48 Posts