Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, recently purchased a 11 plate G 2.0 jdtm, am very pleased with it except the stereo volume will increase as I accelerate or decrease as the revs drop off, its really starting to annoy me. The start/stop works perfectly so i believe the battery is in good condition. Any one had this issue or know anything about it. Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
Not sure what is 11 plate? If you have a uconnect infortainment system, goto settings in your radio or media player, and select option for "speed adjusted volume" and set it to off. It is meant to increase volume based on cars speed. Not sure why yours in increasing and decreasing in relation to revs.

·
Registered
38,703 Posts
I think it increases in response to ambient noise not just speed.

My 2010 does it, it can be turned off on the menu.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh I've just checked and turned off speed volume and it works fine, I assumed it was revs but seams to be speed, it was set to high and was so annoying ha. Cheers :big laugh:

·
Registered
224 Posts
The speed adjusted volume feature I think can be quite useful, especially if there is high speed road noise etc, it would be desirable to have the radio volume temporarily higher. I remember my 1991 BMW 325i had this feature built into the blaupunkt single din radio.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts