Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I am having a problem refitting my original Clarion cassette player into the original housing in my 97 Spider. I released the unit with 2 coat hangers and pulled it out to read the serial number, then when i tried to slide it back in it doesn't slide all the way and now stands about 1.5 inches proud of the casing.
I tried pushing it in with force but it is not happening, is there a technique i haven't heard about?? Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how did you slide it in fully??

Any help would be much appreciated!
Cheers!!!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Take the side off the passenger centre console (the carpet bits), really easy, only 2 screws and it lifts up and out from memory.

From there you will be able to see if there is something trapped behind it and make sure everything is fitting in correctly

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Just to second this, with passenger's side carpet off (a few screws) you'll be able to pull the plugs through the steel bracket behind the stereo - that will be the problem :)

-Alex

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay ...thanks for the help, everything sorted now ..just very congested behind that carpet ...cable EVERYWHERE!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts