Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, how can I get the stereo code for my Alfa 166 3.0l V6 24v Super. I just picked it up this evening and its been off the road since 2009. there are all sorts of electrical things not working and I wonder if its to do with the stereo code??

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
The ICS is only really a display device for the other systems so not having a code won't cause problems with those systems. Be good to have it working as it should though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ICS is only really a display device for the other systems so not having a code won't cause problems with those systems. Be good to have it working as it should though.
ummm?? but the ICS is asking for a code and won't let me do anything else?? including the climate control etc??

·
Registered
95 Posts
ummm?? but the ICS is asking for a code and won't let me do anything else?? including the climate control etc??
in that case you need the code :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
You can still drive the climate with the buttons though can't you? just can't see what you get. Confess I've not actually tried that so could well be talking nonsense here....but the CC system is a separate ECU, as are the buttons that control it.

I quite agree though, far from ideal.

I do have a good working G2 ICS with code if you get stuck.

What other electrical systems aren't working?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can still drive the climate with the buttons though can't you? just can't see what you get. Confess I've not actually tried that so could well be talking nonsense here....but the CC system is a separate ECU, as are the buttons that control it.

I quite agree though, far from ideal.

I do have a good working G2 ICS with code if you get stuck.

What other electrical systems aren't working?
Hi Chris,
There are quite a lot of things not working?? I only have the red key which is allowing me to start the car but I wonder if the coded key then allows all the other systems?? I did find the identification card with a serial number on it. will this allow me to get the correct key for the car??
thank you in advance for your help
Shawn

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
The CODE system based around the transponder chip in the key is just for the engine immobiliser. The ICS code is just for the ICS, if you have the NAV option, there is yet another code for that one too.

Can't help with keys I'm afraid, other than it seems to be a bit of a PITA and somewhat expensive to get a new one if you need it.

Which things don't work?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts