Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an advisory on my MOT that the rear tyres were stepped on the inside edge (Pirelli Rosso's, 225/40/18 loads of tread left). Running my hand around them they seem to have worn more like a 50p piece around the inside! My local indie recommended swapping them to the front to finish them off but that's caused loads more road noise so I'm probably looking at changing 'em despite not being half worn:-( They're only 3 years old - anyone know what causes this? Car's in great condition, FSH, I don't drive like a loon......

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
Can be toe setting or bush wear.
But can also just be bad luck.
I had one tyre do it once. The tyre before didn't do it and the tyre after didn't either... Same model of tyre too.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
3 years...!

Consider yourself lucky I go through af least 4 tyres a year, 25k being about the best I can get out of a set with rotatating at about 10k..

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I had this with a set of the original Goodyear Eagle F1's on an old 156, sounded terrible and thought a wheel bearing had gone. Never had it since.

As a GT V6 driver 3 years for a set of tyres would be lovely, I reckon 12 - 14,000 miles with rotating them at most, so about a year and a half a set - but its worth it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts