Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's been plenty on this on the Giulia section and loads on QVs... but I can find relatively little specific to Stelvio. I know they're similar... but Q4?
Anyway- about to swap to winter tyres. Always used Continental or Dunlop before, but just been asked by our local (absolutely excellent) tyre place if I'd ever tried Kumho. I havent. For a set of 4, they are quoting around £350 cheaper than a set of Pirelli Scorpions. Just read a few reviews which are mixed by largely positive. Anyone on here got 1st hand experience? What, if anything, are people on here using for winters? (I've got the Stelvio Ti on 20" rims).

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh well... either no interest or no-one considering winter tyres. I've opted for the Pirelli Scorpions.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Tbh hadn't considered winters as thought process is that you need the majority of road users to be on winters... I could be wrong of course 😉

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tbh hadn't considered winters as thought process is that you need the majority of road users to be on winters... I could be wrong of course
We had an early / sudden snowfall last year before I put the Winters back on and the Giulia was close to undriveable. For a few years I’ve swapped to Winters “just in case” and still surprised how much difference they make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
920 Posts
Where in UK are you sb1957? I'm in Beds. Where do you store your out of seasons?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Herefordshire. Lucky in that I've got plenty of garage space for storage.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I read somewhere that ATS will store for £8 a tyre - for the season.... haven't had that verified though I must confess.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I am on Pirelli Scorpion Winters 235/60/18 very happy with them. Tested them in deep snow no problem. Have to put them again today or tomorrow (second winter for them)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts