Alfa Romeo Forum banner

441 - 460 of 475 Posts

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
Navy blue one parked up on Beach Street, Lytham, yesterday afternoon.
Almost didn't notice it, such is the prevalence of 'S'UVs these days. Pottering around quiet side streets looking for somewhere to park, so I put the Spider in reverse for another look to confirm. The other half was nonplussed, despite her general liking for the brand.
It was there again this morning, same place, so the owner most likely lives there.
Q4 badge on that big backside, and the alloys were nice. Like this one: https://m.atcdn.co.uk/a/media/w800h600/852d45bfa49a4c68a277fbf8357585dc.jpg

·
Registered
38,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #442 ·
There’s a Q4 on almost every Stelvio. Theoretically there’s a RWD out there somewhere, for the pricelist.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Spotted a new Anodised Blue Stelvio with a private plate heading onto the A27 at Brighton yesterday.

First time I have seen that colour in the flesh, I thought it looked absolutely stunning. Well done sir who ever owns it.

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
6,156 Posts
70 plate Stelvio Quad parked in Sainsbury's car park in Chichester....man diving with boy in passenger seat. Looked pretty clean.....gun metal grey....which didn't do much for it IMO....sorry if you are on here...just my opinion!.....nice looking car though and only the second Stelvio Quad I've ever seen!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
70 plate Stelvio Quad parked in Sainsbury's car park in Chichester....man diving with boy in passenger seat. Looked pretty clean.....gun metal grey....which didn't do much for it IMO....sorry if you are on here...just my opinion!.....nice looking car though and only the second Stelvio Quad I've ever seen!
I agree re the colour but this does seem to be a very trendy colour these days on high end cars

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
....yep......at least it was not the primer grey I see everywhere that makes cars look like an unfinished Airfix kit....I really detest that colour and fail to understand it's popularity!....each to his own I guess.

Reactions: Muz

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I believe that colour is called "crayon"! Which is odd as crayons come in many colours!!

I have a mate who wanted his A4 in that undercoat beige! He saw sense and went for white, although it was still an A**i

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
539 Posts
When it just been cleaned and is in the bright sunshine that colour looks good as it picks up whatever other colours are reflecting in it and the flake pops. Quite specific conditions and outside of them it is hard to make it work. Even a light film of dust or grime that is not really visible outside 6ft kills that effect off.
On Stelvio it’s even more important because unlike most Suvs it has lots of curves in body panels. Those really benefit from glazed look (which clean grey will give you) or any kind of colour fade (you need light metallics or coloured flake in monochrome for that). I also think it has to have dark wheels and dark callipers with monochromes because any bright colour creates too much contrast and ruins the effect.

I washed my sister-in-law’s year or so old q5 in that colour yesterday and it looked like a total binner dirty but once cleaned it was really quite impressive in the sun - totally different car. Cloud covered the sun and it was back to the “unfinished scale model car” look.

·
Registered
38,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #450 ·
Blu Montecarlo is pretty amazing too when you get the mica flip going on.

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
Silver one on Cumeragh Lane, Goosnargh, this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
White 20 reg in Ferring this morning, driven by a woman, I was about to flash and wave and then remembered I was in the 159.

Brings it to a total of 3 or 4 that I’ve seen since early November. Sad given how many Qashias,, Kias, Hyundais, Macans, Audi, Merc, Peugeot and BMW SUVs I see every day. Great to have an unusual car but not good for Alfa

·
Registered
2006 Brera SV 3.2 JTS V6 Q4
12 Posts
Spotted a Black 202 QV heading into Maynooth village this afternoon. It's only the second time I've seen a Stelvio QV in Ireland.

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
White 20 reg in Ferring this morning, driven by a woman, I was about to flash and wave and then remembered I was in the 159.
Dont let that stop you!!......I wave at other ALFA owners no matter what model they drive.........I only feel awkward when I forget that I'm not in my 159 and I'm in a company Isuzu/Ranger/Astra/Golf!!!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Two yesterday, a White one and a Competizione Red one, both ignored my flash and wave :(

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
Black one on Preston Road between Grimsargh and Longridge yesterday morning around 9am.
Looked like it'd just been washed.

·
Registered
38,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #459 ·
Really not sure about white Stelvios for some reason though..
...unless you’ve paid the deposit!

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
^^^ deposit hasn't been paid!! ( maybe, maybe!!) I do like the Stelvio in white. They had a white QF in Thames Alfa that looked spot on.

441 - 460 of 475 Posts