Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today's new episode features Jeremy choosing the Stelvio for an SUV feature in Canada

Thought you might like to know

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
It's also in the trailer for the new series of TG.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yes, but in the Grand Tour they had Quadrifoglio - however the episode was underwhelming at best.

TG will have a standard Stelvio.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yes, but in the Grand Tour they had Quadrifoglio - however the episode was underwhelming at best.

TG will have a standard Stelvio.
Looked like a Quad to me but I'd be just as interested in the 280bhp..

·
Registered
513 Posts
I tried to watch it, but it's just too painful. Top Gear was bad enough towards the end of the Clarkson era, but The Grand Tour takes all the good bits of TG and throws them away, leaving just three old men being dickish in an unamusing way. A shame, because when they were being a bit silly but still focussing on the cars it was very good.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried to watch it, but it's just too painful. Top Gear was bad enough towards the end of the Clarkson era, but The Grand Tour takes all the good bits of TG and throws them away, leaving just three old men being dickish in an unamusing way. A shame, because when they were being a bit silly but still focussing on the cars it was very good.
There HAS been the odd excellent feature this series though eg. the film about lancia v audi in the rally world championship in 1983.

·
Registered
132 Posts
There HAS been the odd excellent feature this series though eg. the film about lancia v audi in the rally world championship in 1983.
This, I just about loose interest and alomst give up watching and they spring a genuinely engaging story about automative history.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Not nearly as painful as seeing the Stelvio staggering out of the slalom test in limp mode (same as the Porsche Macan did), and then dumped completely for a Ford F150 Raptor in the final towing test because you can't fit a towbar to that Stelvio!
It was the fastest round a track, but the item will have done nothing at all to sell the Stelvio to the public.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
They made clear that they thought small SUV'S were a waste of metal & made a film accordingly

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
you can't fit a towbar to that Stelvio!
I would never buy an SUV, or want to tow anything with an Alfa, but I'm guessing most SUV drivers might want to tow something at some point.. so if it's really true that you can't fit a tow bar to a Stelvio is this not an almighty design flaw???

(Clarkson made a reference to 'because of how the exhaust is routed'.. is this just with the Quadrifoglio or are tow bars a no-no for all variants??)

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
There are weird tow regs in the US too concerning type approval.

Clarkson binned the StelvioQF for an F150 so zero off-road testing apart from a spin round
a paddock that put it in limp mode. (The Macaque did that too. Neither very happy with sand then.)

:(

·
Premium Member
4,588 Posts
I would never buy an SUV, or want to tow anything with an Alfa, but I'm guessing most SUV drivers might want to tow something at some point.. so if it's really true that you can't fit a tow bar to a Stelvio is this not an almighty design flaw???

(Clarkson made a reference to 'because of how the exhaust is routed'.. is this just with the Quadrifoglio or are tow bars a no-no for all variants??)
The standard Stelvio has a detachable towbar as an option. £500?

It's just the QF that has problem with the exhaust routing.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Not nearly as painful as seeing the Stelvio staggering out of the slalom test in limp mode (same as the Porsche Macan did), and then dumped completely for a Ford F150 Raptor in the final towing test because you can't fit a towbar to that Stelvio!
It was the fastest round a track, but the item will have done nothing at all to sell the Stelvio to the public.
no wonder its in limp mode if you use electric handbrake during driving

1 - 20 of 20 Posts