Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

With the Giulia and Giulietta registering a sharp drop in sales over the past 12 months, the Alfa Romeo Stelvio remains the only model in the Alfa Romeo range that can stem the crisis by limiting the damage as much as possible . The SUV of the Italian company, in fact, closed 2019 with a drop in sales in Europe but with much better numbers than the Giulia and Giulietta. The Stelvio was the best-selling Alfa Romeo model in Europe in 2019.

As evidenced by the data released by Carsalesbase, during the year ended a few weeks ago, Alfa Romeo sold a total of 26,866 Stelvio units in Europe, recording a drop of -11% compared to the results collected in the previous year, closed with just over 30 thousand units sold. For the SUV of the Italian company, there is a market share of 3.1% as regards the segment D SUVs of the European market (considering also the non-premium models).

During 2019, the Stelvio sold 12,362 units in Italy, recording a decrease of -3.8% compared to the previous year's data. Around 46% of the sales recorded in Europe by the SUV during 2019 are related to the Italian market. This is a higher figure than that recorded in 2018 when the percentage of Stelvio units sold in Italy, in relation to the total sales in Europe, was 43%.”
Google Translation

·
Registered
33,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Sales of the Alfa Romeo Stelvio, during 2019, are at the level of some of the most requested SUV Coupes from the European market such as the BMW X4 and the Mercedes GLC Coupé. In fact, both models recorded a total of 26 thousand units sold with the BMW SUV growing by + 47% and the Mercedes SUV falling by -12%.

Behind the Stelvio we also find the Porsche Macan, which closes the year with 24 thousand units sold and a + 27% increase in deliveries, the Range Rover Velar, which stops at 22 thousand units sold with a drop of -15 %, and the Jaguar F-Pace, which registers 18 thousand units sold and a drop of -20%. Further back there is also the Lexus NX which ends its 2019 with 17 thousand units sold and a drop of -15%.”

·
Registered
3,437 Posts

With the Giulia and Giulietta registering a sharp drop in sales over the past 12 months, the Alfa Romeo Stelvio remains the only model in the Alfa Romeo range that can stem the crisis by limiting the damage as much as possible . The SUV of the Italian company, in fact, closed 2019 with a drop in sales in Europe but with much better numbers than the Giulia and Giulietta. The Stelvio was the best-selling Alfa Romeo model in Europe in 2019.

As evidenced by the data released by Carsalesbase, during the year ended a few weeks ago, Alfa Romeo sold a total of 26,866 Stelvio units in Europe, recording a drop of -11% compared to the results collected in the previous year, closed with just over 30 thousand units sold. For the SUV of the Italian company, there is a market share of 3.1% as regards the segment D SUVs of the European market (considering also the non-premium models).

During 2019, the Stelvio sold 12,362 units in Italy, recording a decrease of -3.8% compared to the previous year's data. Around 46% of the sales recorded in Europe by the SUV during 2019 are related to the Italian market. This is a higher figure than that recorded in 2018 when the percentage of Stelvio units sold in Italy, in relation to the total sales in Europe, was 43%.”
Google Translation
Not too surprising really.....SUVs are the flavour of the moment and it the only model in the ALFA range that's not due a facelift or several years past its sell by date!!

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Stelvio for the win! :)

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be winning in the US, having just had a drop in sales from 2018-2019 of over 20%.

Alfa sales always seem to depend on pent-up demand and consequently peak early, and die quickly.
Stelvio for the whim! :)

·
Registered
33,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
US buyers demand was unlikely to be pent up but they do tend to give things a go. No brand loyalty.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Stelvios forte is handling - apart from QF, where engine is - at least - equally important.. When I had a X4, I tried to discuss handling - mostly US participants in X4 forum. No go - no respons!

·
Registered
33,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They were possibly more interested in discussing the spec they’d ordered and the deal?

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Stelvios forte is handling - apart from QF, where engine is - at least - equally important.. When I had a X4, I tried to discuss handling - mostly US participants in X4 forum. No go - no respons!
When most of the roads they are travelling on are straight why would handing be important?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I agree that handling is not as important in the US as in the UK or Sweden, but you still have steering precision/response and stability that is part of joy of driving.

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
When most of the roads they are travelling on are straight why would handing be important?
"All generalisations are false, including this one." - Mark Twain.

While it's true that most of the roads in the USA are straight, they also have some really great driving roads, the best of which is generally acknowledged to be Deal's Gap - 318 bends in 11miles! Even some stretches of Interstate, e.g. I-2 in Montana, are pretty twisty.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I know a lot of nice roads in the US - but I have to agree - where the people are - and above all - the money - it`s very much 4-6 lane traffic and few bends.

Narrow roads with asphalt like some parts of UK is scarse - narrow roads are mostly gravel/dust.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I checked out Deals Gap: very interesting area in Tennesee bordering North Carolina. Very much a tourist trap with scenic roads - moonshining - very nice areas - and lots of people.

Most of corners are low speed - and with - presumably - lots of traffic, I suspect driving is tough.

I would recommend parts of Montana, where there are nice two lane roads and few people and "bears"= cops are scarce.

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
I checked out Deals Gap: very interesting area in Tennesee bordering North Carolina. Very much a tourist trap with scenic roads - moonshining - very nice areas - and lots of people.

Most of corners are low speed - and with - presumably - lots of traffic, I suspect driving is tough.

I would recommend parts of Montana, where there are nice two lane roads and few people and "bears"= cops are scarce.
Nothing's low speed on Deal's Gap! Theoretically there's a 35 mph speed limit; I was overtaken by sportbikes when I was doing probably twice that. There was a lovely smell of gently cooking brake pads when I stopped in the parking lot at the bottom.

We'll be in Montana again in June; Yellowstone at last!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts