Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Help required please. On my Giulietta 1.4tb, the steering shakes when I accelerate from 70+. 0-70 and anywhere in between is fine. 70+ is annoying.

I changed the nsf driveshaft thinking might be the inner cv joint but no luck. Drives same as. Dont really want to change osf for fun. Any ideas on issue?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hi
Could be the wheels requiring balanced properly.
Does the shaking last at all speeds above 70? Not that im suggesting you would break the speed limit but, say you pushed it up to 95...does the steering wobble constantly as soon as you pass 70!?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Bigger than 16" wheels and the tyres seem to go out of balance and wear funny. Try swapping fronts and backs.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I accidentally go beyond 80, the wobbling subsides somewhat. Wheel balancing i thought would be evident even at low speeds hence why i have discounted this

·
Registered
609 Posts
If I accidentally go beyond 80, the wobbling subsides somewhat. Wheel balancing i thought would be evident even at low speeds hence why i have discounted this
All cars ive owned that have had wheel/tyre balancing issues have been
Specific in the area the wobble is noticeable. Never below 60 for me. If accelerating hard it would start at a specific speed, say 68 and stop at 73. You would know it was coming and just expect it. It happened alot in my mkII Astra.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Mine had a quite pronounced shake when accelerating between about 75 and 88mph, then would even out again after 88mph (only ever done on a track of course), it shook so much that the steering wheel would move approx 1cm either side of central if I let go of it.

My tires were warn down to the limit and after having new ones fitted (and re-balanced) the shake has gone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts