Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove the steering wheel ???
It's a 1994 non-airbag wheel.
Is it a case of pulling off the horn cover and loosening the big nut ???
Tried last night but the horn cover wouldn't come off :confused:

Marlon

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you will need to take off the main nut then put it back on a few threads so you dont smack yourself in the face...its best if you hit the wheel with your hands a few times at 3' and 9'oclock hit it 'back on',,after that get hold of it again at 3' and 9' and pull,hard, from side to side.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you got a new fancy steery wheel?? or you gonna build up yer uscles by turning the pole end for steering :D great anti theft device! :D

j

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great idea Jason you could remove the wheel permanently and carry a larger mover or a set of stillies with you to attach when driving.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Na, ever since I got the car the wheel has been squint. Now it's p155ing me off a bit.

Cheers for the tips JB, I've had black eyes before from smacking myself in the dish while removing a steering wheel.

Marlon

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
marlon.... how about getting the tracking re-set?

that'll centre the steery wheel and make sure you got no probs :D

i still like the idea of stillies and removing the wheel completely :D

j

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The tracking has been done recently. The wheel was even further out before it was done. I'm pretty sure the wheel will have been off before....

You do get "Snap Off" steering wheels for that authentic F1 feel. Imagine that coming off in your hands in a bend eek!

Marlon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts