Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My volume controls have started to play up on my 147 and now mute's when pressing + vol and turns up when pressing -vol. i want to know if it's the silver plate is just clipped on or screwed on? i just want to check the wiring behind it. read a few threads and most said that it's just dirt? has anyone tried clearing the dirt with just compressed air?

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
you have to remove the airbag first (ie: disconnect battery NEG terminal for AT LEAST 20min or so, allowing the airbag module to power down; then unscrew it from behind). then you can access the button panels.

:)

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
i'm gonna try some compressed air behind it first and if that fails then will take the steering wheel apart and see what's going on! will let you know of the results

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the doc mitch, that will come very handy! funny enough i hit the back of the steering wheel behind the volume controls with my hand a couple of times and it's now working fine :lol: so will keep an eye on it and see if it plays up again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
After installing an aftermarket stereo (Pioneer) I had the controls on either side of the steering wheel returning the same values. (i.e. mute and src both produced the same voltage). Fixed by adding a resistor inline to the wiring from one side only which made sorted the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts