Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my 2011 1.6 jtdm-2 has rather unresponsive steering buttons.

The worse offenders are the volume down and speak button on the left and the menu button on the bottom right. Others seem to be fine.

They sometimes work and other times not.. Has anyone else had these problems? - is it just a characteristic of these cars! - is there anything I can do to improve them!? - the volume down is better now after allot of pressing! - but the right menu button is very hit and miss!

Great car! - only woes so far are the buttons and dodgy wiper ( guessing wiring ) in my other post!

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Matt, my 2011 is the same. Can't help you as my approach has been to live with it!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Same here, try to click the upper section of the button, it is more responsive than clicking the middle section.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hello Romeo, my Turkish friend. Sold the Tiguan yet and got back into a Giulietta? Hope things are OK in your neck of the woods. Regards. Sorry for the hijack. Carry on.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the WD40 contact cleaner and gave the buttons a good squirt and pressed them loads of times. Did not make a immediate difference but next day they are now all working... So for anyone else with the same problem it worked for me :)

All my steering buttons are now very responsive! - I have a old iPod 20gb Classic in the glovebox and it works very well now - thanks!

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Got the WD40 contact cleaner and gave the buttons a good squirt and pressed them loads of times. Did not make a immediate difference but next day they are now all working... So for anyone else with the same problem it worked for me :)

All my steering buttons are now very responsive! - I have a old iPod 20gb Classic in the glovebox and it works very well now - thanks!
Right thats my sunday sorted! i'm off to get some spray as soon as the shops open :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
WD40 Contact Cleaner worked for me too. Also used it on temperamental window buttons, worked a treat.

Thanks for the tip :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,461 Posts
The actual contact is a conductive rubber moulding that presses against the metal contacts. The plastic button has a pivot about which it partially rotates, however, there is a pin at the other end of the button that inserts into a hole but rubs against the edge. A very small spot of grease on the pin makes the button easier to operate. I've had these buttons apart but didn't take photographs so you'll have to take my word for it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts