Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it correct on others cars, that all the text/graphics on the buttons on the steering wheel illuminate, except the text under both scroll wheels? Or is it just mine?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep 🙂

They don't illuminate
Another Alfachronism! Just noticed the front seatbelts have a little plastic part which stops the buckle sliding down the bottom. Passenger side version has a fabric loop, the drivers side doesn’t 🤔

·
Registered
33,751 Posts
My first Giulietta had the rubber piece to stop the unused seatbelt buckle bumping into the B Pillar , but on the drivers side.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm consoling myself that I'm in good company, was watching Youtube Shmee150 talking through his Ferrari GTC4 Lusso last night. Surprising the number of annoying things in common. Beeps, window switches, radio on start, buttons that make no logical sense etc, etc........

·
Registered
33,751 Posts
The only annoying beep is the front bumper parking sensors which stress me out going through those 7’ width restricter poles. I sometime take a different route when taking my daughter to ballet just to avoid one set.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That they are! And the exhaust chrome trims are metal. Noticed as they rusting already on the inside. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
33,751 Posts
I saw somebody writing how he’d cut the exhaust shorter and painted inside the finisher as he thought it looked unfinished.

·
Registered
33,751 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
887 Posts
Is it correct on others cars, that all the text/graphics on the buttons on the steering wheel illuminate, except the text under both scroll wheels? Or is it just mine?
yeah, that is bit off odd design. i have bought qf steering wheel and have spare buttons panel, so i will open it when i have a time and see if some dyi illumination can be added around (SMD LEDs/resistors and glue to keep all robust)

·
Registered
33,751 Posts
Generally, illumination of switches like this is done by painting a light-transmitting white switch in black and lazer-cutting the graphics away?
If the graphics are white printing the graphics on top of the black finish then they will not illuminate in the usual way.

·
Registered
33,751 Posts
If somebody could 3D print a new switch dolly in translucent material , paint it black and etch the graphic..... illuminated switch.

·
Registered
422 Posts
its obvious, i was thinking about illuminating around toggle switch (the gap?)- at least have bit of light around it. will have a look and let you know
I'm not really sure why you'd need to have the toggle switch or the text illuminated? I'd hope you're not looking down at the steering wheel to read the text before pressing the switch :blabla:

·
Registered
33,751 Posts
Maybe that could the next development of the heated steering wheel; illumination of the rim!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts