Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I still have the same problem with my 2002 147 - drops out of city mode into manual and I also get an occasional 'humidity in diesel filter' error message (despite it beiing a petrol).

I found the followoing thread posted way back in 2002, along with a couple of others.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-159/13160-disapearing-city-mode-numan-please-help.html

It sounds like this may be my problem but I can't find any follow ups to these threads confirming the diagnosis and the solution. Can anyone confirm that this was a known problem relating to a steering sensor. Any details anyone can give me would be appreciated.

My garage failed to diagnose this problem so I want to pass this solution on to them with some confidence that it is right.

ta

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all, Yep, I'm still on about my selespeed/humidity in diesel filter problem (on a 147 2.0 TS selespeed - petrol!).

Spoke to the mechanic i have been using today but he doesn't seem to think it is a problem with the steering sensor. He thinks it is related to the 'pod' (whatever that is) or the city switch or a bare wire sending a false signal. I am convinced it is not. Due to the identical nature of my problem with those posted several years ago I can't help but feel is is related to the steering sensor.

I really need some advice on this. My main question now is if the original problem that occurred for some Alfa owners back in 2002 was related to a faulty Bosch switch/sensor? Or was the component manufactired by a different maker. Any details anyone can remember about this problem would really help me as the mechanic is now talking about some pretty expensive remedies that are not even guaranteed to solve it.

thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know if Numanracing still hits these boards? He seemed be quite clued up with the problem I am having?

ta

1 - 4 of 4 Posts