Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After changing steering reservoir and oil, I noticed some days after that the exterior of reservoir got some oil (very small quantity) like humidity, nothing like big leaking.

It might be dropping oil out via the cap breather?

I noticed the cap has some oil but nothing in excess, might be who done the change overfilled it?

No noises from direction, nothing. All fine.

Any input is highly appreciated.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well it could leak out a little through the breather valve if it is overfilled. Make sure level is not above max. If it heats up and the oil gets moving around it might just get high enough to touch the breather and/or get over the edge if the cap isn't on, it will then get pushed out as the oil heats up and appears as sweatting. MIght also happen if you drive like a spirited south European (jk ;)).

Make sure the level is OK, clean everything off, blow through the breather if you must, and monitor for a couple of days.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it might be. I guess that was because the cap was not all closed, but I will clean all and check it again.
It was a little leak nothing big, and then I saw the cap and realized that was not all closed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts