Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driving position really lets down the GT for me. Being 6ft 4 I have to have the seat right back which leaves me having to stretch too far to reach the wheel unless I have the seat back in an upright position.

The adjustment on the steering wheel is nowhere near enough and I'd love it if there was a mod which would enable me to bring the steering wheel closer to my chest.

Has anyone heard of anything out there and do you think it would be possible? as having the seat back in a more upright position isn't great for me.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Does the GT even have any steering adjustment? I didn't think it did. I'm 6ft 1 and again have a similar issue but I soon forget about it when driving

·
Registered
351 Posts
Does the GT even have any steering adjustment? I didn't think it did. I'm 6ft 1 and again have a similar issue but I soon forget about it when driving

·
Vendor
46,352 Posts
+1 boneman147

Mine pulled out/pushed in and also adjusted up or down, I've never known one to not have both reach & rake adjustment.

·
Registered
351 Posts
+1 boneman147

Mine pulled out/pushed in and also adjusted up or down, I've never known one to not have both reach & rake adjustment.
Just been out and checked, and you will never guess what but overnight someone has been fiddling with my car and installed a lever which I have never noticed before which gives me full Adjustment!
A big thanks to that helpful person whoever it was.

God I feel stupid for never seeing that.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Ya know I've never actually given it a tug.. Only ever gone up and down with it..

Now don't I look like an idiot :jester:
Well, maybe you had no reason to, maybe it was in the right position for you when you first drove it and so you never had the desire to change it. :)

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Ya know I've never actually given it a tug.. Only ever gone up and down with it..

Now don't I look like an idiot :jester:
It took me a while too - in fact only when I bought a 156 racer and I wanted to shift my weight down and back did I come to know about this :cheese:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah mine does adjust in and out but nowhere near enough!

I was just wondering if anyone had tinkered about with it and made it more adjustable?

On a positive note look how many people I have indirectly helped enjoy their GT driving experience that little bit more. All donations to my quaife diff fund in appreciation are welcome...:jester:

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Yeah mine does adjust in and out but nowhere near enough!

I was just wondering if anyone had tinkered about with it and made it more adjustable?

On a positive note look how many people I have indirectly helped enjoy their GT driving experience that little bit more. All donations to my quaife diff fund in appreciation are welcome...:jester:
I have built an extension for a friend's racer: :xmas:

Hahaha - a bit simplistic for a road car :beer:

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts