Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

From the couple of weeks I've got problem with steering. The steering wheel shudders slightly, while parking etc. (small speed). Additionally vibrations move on body. Few days ago I changed steering rack to another, which has been regenerated. This helped, but only a little. Next I replaced reservoir, pump (all new from service) and once again liquid. I buy Tutela GI/E (red) because the new pump was orginally flooded with it. This help and the problem gone. Suddenly after two days, when steering worked perfect, steering started to go a little harder and strange noise came back.Interestingly, when the car is cold after night (around 0 celsius degrees outdoor) steeng works fine, but after driving for arounf 500m, the problem came back again.

Someone told me that in the high preasure wire (between pump and steering rack) is a return valve. Probably inside the wire, closer to the steering rack. Is it true?

Thanks for help.
Tomasz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Today I checked this out. Yes, there is a small valve inside the screw, which is screwe in the steering rack (with wire). Valve looks fine. I decided that I check another one (I have the same screw valve with full flow from tractor :) ). Unfortunately it didn't resolve the problem.

Probably steering rack is failed again (simmerings etc.).

Imageshack - zaworekalfa159.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts