Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me!

Steering has locked up in parking. WD 40'd barrell, tried wiggling steering wheel etc. No joy. Anybody with any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I know it sounds stupid but is your steering lock on? I find it very stiff to unlock ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, did all that!!

In the end RAC and hammer helped!! Need a new barrel and key. Where is the cheapest place to get them and are they easy to replace?

Been to Meridians in Wallisdown..... have a feeling they will not be cheap!

Anyone done this before?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Best bet might be to give Autolusso a ring, they should be able to get one off a scrapped car they've got ...

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I have a full lock-set and two key blades for sale (doors, boot, ignition barrel), brand new, still in the Alfa grease. £60 the lot plus £5 post (they are heavy!) :thumbs:

I can even supply one of the blades in a key case or fit them to your own key :)

Send me a PM or email if you are interested.

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
when you change the barrell make sure its coded the same as the old one, if not you need a seperate key for the ignition which will then need to be coded to your car's immobiliser

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
when you change the barrell make sure its coded the same as the old one, if not you need a seperate key for the ignition which will then need to be coded to your car's immobiliser
Unless you are supplying two new blades as well ;) Just pop them into your existing key fobs.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Unless you are supplying two new blades as well ;) Just pop them into your existing key fobs.
... I presume then you'll also have to change your door locks (not that anyone actually uses them)

·
Registered
73 Posts
anyone know how to take the barrel from the housing? i'm changing keys and it looks like the actual barrel can be removed from the housing its in just not sure how to do it

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
anyone know how to take the barrel from the housing? i'm changing keys and it looks like the actual barrel can be removed from the housing its in just not sure how to do it
Very easy if you have the corresponding key,(but having read a previous post of yours you dont need to)give us a call and I will explain.:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts