Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just fitted my new pioneer DEH P700BT and sounds great, small problem though, I bought the alfa multi stalk adapter (CTSAR001) from car audio centre but every time I plug it in it causes the head unit to cycle round the station pre selects no stop as if a button is being held down!
Any ideas?

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
that model is listed as being compatible with blaupunkt headunits, not pioneer.

were you advised differently?

:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep car audio center told me that was the adapter I needed, unfortunately I've deleted the email so I have no proof.
Looks like £40 down the drain :mad:
What is the correct adapter?
( serves me right should have asked on here 1st)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
You should be able to send it back under the distance selling regulations (as long as you haven't had it too long), just stating you've changed your mind ... you'll loose the P&P but at least you'll get some money back ...

·
7,713 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi all,
Just fitted my new pioneer DEH P700BT and sounds great, small problem though, I bought the alfa multi stalk adapter (CTSAR001) from car audio centre but every time I plug it in it causes the head unit to cycle round the station pre selects no stop as if a button is being held down!
Any ideas?
Have you got a picture of the installed unit, am keen to see what it looks like in the GT dash

·
Registered
306 Posts
This adapter is Alfa specific 156/147/GT, I think it's the patch lead that you choose with it that makes it compatible with your radio

·
Registered
94 Posts
i would like to install a Blu & Me with Navigation on my Alfa 147 2.0L Selespeed, 2004 make, any ideas on how to go about it guys?

·
7,713 Posts
it might be easy, or it might be difficult. i suggest you find a wiring schematic for the B&M version, and compare with the wiring on offer from your 147 (ie: the plug connections, not the internal electronics).

stumbling blocks will include:
*steering wheel controls: pretty sure the signal voltages differ between these 2 series of car
*GPS antenna: so long as the B&M unit can accept a generic external antenna, that is no big deal
*CANBUS wires: what is required for the B&M unit, and does it differ to what the 147 offers?

physically fitting it shouldn't be too hard, as i presume it's a standard 2-DIN size, and will fit with a 2-DIN 147 dash kit.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thank you for the info shiny car, do u have a lead where I can get the wiring schematic for Blu & Me? I found a used Blu & Me ofr sale at Ebay and they say that you can not install it on a car that only has a radio/cd, so I am still unsure, can you help please?

·
7,713 Posts
no, can't help you out there, sorry. :(

ask the seller - or perhaps someone from AO that has the B&M unit - if there's a schematic sticker stuck onto the unit which tells you what wire is what.

alternatively, a copy of the workshop manual probably has the details. for example, on the 147/156/GT CD manuals i bought (off fleabay), the details are there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts