Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mrs vince156 came back from work complaining the wipers weren't working. After some messing about we determined that most of the right hand stalk functions were not working.

We tried several different things and eventually found that when the steering column was adjusted and pulled out to its fullest extent, we lost all the wiper functions and steering wheel radio controls.

I assume this is a loose connector somewhere - anybody know which one and where?

Cheers

L

·
0 Posts
remove the cowl surrounding the steering wheel, look behind the wiper section of stalk for connections [ 2 or 3 ] at the rear. Should be obivous if one of these connections are loose,

3 philips head removes the bottom cowl, 2 more, near the steering wheel under the rubber flaps will loosen up the top section. You may only need to remove the bottom half save you alot of hassle with the top section. when fitting back the lower cowl there are 2 alignment pins in the top cowl that goes into 2 alignment holes in the bottom section. Be sure to line these up.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the quick fix is done - he says without much confidence :rolleyes:.

It was the upper right side connector, the sort of right angled one.

I had to take off the trim panel by the driver's knees too so I could get where the cable went and then pull quite hard so there was enough slack at the top end by the connector.
It may still slip back and cause bad connections though.

Plan 'B' is if I lose the wipers while out, just adjust the steering column in until I get proper connection again . . . .hopefully.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts