Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had my 1.9 JTDM Lusso (2009) in for steering alignment. Whilst the car feels better, the steering wheel is no longer in the straight ahead position and is off set slightly to the right.

I am concerned by this as surely this cannot be correct, and although I could have the wheel moved, I am concerned by the potential tyre wear.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I have just had my 1.9 JTDM Lusso (2009) in for steering alignment. Whilst the car feels better, the steering wheel is no longer in the straight ahead position and is off set slightly to the right.

I am concerned by this as surely this cannot be correct, and although I could have the wheel moved, I am concerned by the potential tyre wear.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
--- Insist that they do it again properly.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I've just had mine done, and have the exact same problem. Steering wheel slightly to the right, I'll be taking it to Peter Cambridge, seems to be an Alfa handling demi-god.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume this is not correct and moving the steering wheel is not the answer.

I will take it back. Is it just me or are 159's a real pain to set up in the steering department.

I had real high speed vibration issues previously. It is all becoming far too time consuming.:confused:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Most of UK roads are not flat but slightly lowered to left so water can go. I had mine done on Saturday and I went to see them as mine turns to left slightly. They said Its because of angle of surface.

·
Registered
254 Posts
It should be easy enough for them to fix, assuming the car isn't actually crabbing because the rear alignment is off.

If the steering wheel is to the right, the DS side needs shortened and the PS side needs lengthened by equal amounts (and the alignment rechecked). The other way round then if the steering is to the left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts