Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all anyone know where to get these pipes, and why no one sells them. I understand its better to fit Steel than Silicon or am I taking rott I could be lol

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Even if you used steel pipes you would still have to use short rubber or silicone ones to join them at the ends so twice as many joints:)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gus Its Stuart you remaped my GT is there any performance increase using metal or is it a waste time .Thinking of fitting a FMIC if i do will it need a remap to get best out of it and what kind BHP increase .Ps how much is mine putting out at the min

·
Registered
981 Posts
There are kits available on Ebay or these guys do a pipe kit and the same sized cooler that Chris156 has on his 156.
Universal Intercooler Pipe Kits

You won't see the same kind of return on your investment as you have with the remap. Are you fitting it yourself? I'm not the expert here but I'd wager that a stainless exhaust would see similar gains for less money. That said, in terms of real performance a Quaife differential would do more for your point to point progress (and tyre longevity) than either of the above unless you have a Q2 already.

Hope that helps,
Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts