Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Am i the only one to find that since the cold weather has started, it literally takes my car around 5minutes for all windows to completely mist up???

Any advice to resolve this issue? Are windows not closed completely? Silica gel packets under seats?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Having same problem with mine .....

Only soloution I find is to put the rear window and screen 'quick clear ' buttons on and then take the fan speed down to almost nothing ..clears but have to keep it on as it steams up straight away if i turn it off ...

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Steaming up is usually because the A/C has been turned off.

Sometimes at this time of the year the temperature falls below the point at which the A/C can't work. I think this is 3 degrees and any lower the system will freeze. The problem comes when the temperature is floating up and down around 3 degrees because sometimes there's ice on the condensor and then it all switches off and the ice melts into steam on the screen.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Leave your climate control on full auto with all vents open at all times. Only hit the rapid demist buttons if needed but to note, you need some water temperature for these to work.

If it still steams up, you've got a water leak or a blocked pollen filter......

·
Registered
231 Posts
Vents

Agree with Squadrone.

Not only should all vents be open, but the vents nearest the doors should always be pointing diagonally up towards the window, so there's always air travelling along the inside of the windows.

Rancid

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the feedback. But i am literally talking about say i have had a long drive and the car is completely mist free. If i lock the car up and return to it 5mins later, it will be completely misted up. I have no problem when car is running. Its in the moments when the car is off it rapidly steams up!

N

·
0 Posts
Changing the pollen filter can cure humidity.

Also check for any water ingress in the boot spare wheel
or passenger footwells.

·
Registered
392 Posts
It takes less than a thimblefull of water in the car (wet mats, drips into the boot, wet coats etc) to cause the windows to become covered in condensation when the car is switched off, and the only way around it is to run the car with the Climate Control in full Auto with AC on at all times.

The Brera does seem to suffer with this though more than other cars I have owned !

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback. But i am literally talking about say i have had a long drive and the car is completely mist free. If i lock the car up and return to it 5mins later, it will be completely misted up. I have no problem when car is running. Its in the moments when the car is off it rapidly steams up!
This is completeley normal. When you're driving along the A/C puts a layer of ice on the condensor. When you park it melts. Puddle of water underneath and fog on the screen.

M

·
0 Posts
My 159 does this but my windscrren is leeking down the left hand pillar (when sat in the car) so need to investigate that?

N

·
0 Posts
I thought my 159 had a windscreen leak the first winter I had it
but it turned out to be condensation on the inside of the windscreen
when there was a layer of snow on the roof.

A/C and a quick wiped sorted it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts