Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a trip to our good friend in St Helens with a dead Stingray all I can say is :wow: :wow: :wow:

She went in with a buggered exhaust manifold I'll up load some horrific pictures soon :eek:

She came back as the Stealth Tractor MkII :D

Next to no turbo lag and a ton of mid range power and enough torque to reverse the orbit of the earth :D

I'm back in love with Stingray :thumbs:

A big thanks to Gus and Mr Murtha for helping me get her there :thumbs:

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,568 Posts
Oh my god :lol:

What you done, had a new one fitted or had that one gutted?

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Get one of those exhausts that Clogz has next....:thumbs::thumbs:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My tractor isn't in the same league as Clogz mate :lol:
but she is quick ;)

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
:lol:

HM technically do you know what the issue was?

Duff DPF that just kept on backing up or is there
something more sinister?

Did it regen at all?

Has it caused other problems like fuel in the sump etc?

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nev, it was doing re gens when I was doing the high miles long motorway runs but the issue is the DPF never completely clears during the re gen.

It's not just an Alfa problem it's all diseasels, so we're going to see more and more of this until the technology to clear the DPF improves.

Apparently the Citroen/ Peugeot system uses a cleaner fluid but I'm not sure exactly how it works but there are loads of sites offering the removal of that system as well.

No other lasting damage other than a completely cacked manifold, Gus would have mentioned any other issues.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Good move Tony - getting rid of crap always means relief!

Does this mean you'll be able to keep up at the next 100mph "procession" ? :cheese::cheese:

Hope all well with you - I've not on here much lately ( Mum broke hip , dad had to go into long term care, cat died, wife ill all recently - and that's only the edited highlights -so a bit busy!) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
You'll have to take me out in it HM. I remember fondly the brief squirt up the road in Wales in the old GT.:)

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good move Tony - getting rid of crap always means relief!

Does this mean you'll be able to keep up at the next 100mph "procession" ? :cheese::cheese:

Hope all well with you - I've not on here much lately ( Mum broke hip , dad had to go into long term care, cat died, wife ill all recently - and that's only the edited highlights -so a bit busy!) :rolleyes:
Sorry to hear that mate, wondered why we'd not seen you in a dogs age :(

You'll have to take me out in it HM. I remember fondly the brief squirt up the road in Wales in the old GT.:)
Oh for a big lardy tractor she shifts mate, would leave the Tractor MkI for dead :eek:
Have a little blast next meet the summer is young :thumbs:

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
That looks cacked in carbon. My pal at work reckons like you say it's common now, with all marques :wow:
Glad it's sorted :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts